Wat Phrathat Chang Kham (วัดพระธาตุช้างค้ำ) was built during the reign of Chaopu Khaeng in 1406 to be a place for rulers to conduct Buddhist ceremonies and the Oath of Allegiance Ceremony. The architectural characteristics of the temple reflect the influence of Sukhothai arts such as the “phrathat in the Lankan style. The base is surrounded by sculptures of the front half of elephants. It looks as though they use their back to support (or “Kham” in Thai) the phratat, similar to Wat Chang Lom in Sukhothai province.
Map showing location of Wat Phrathat Chang Kham in Nan:
GPS Coordinates: 18.776429, 100.772106