Railay beach in Krabi is divided into two sections, east and west. West Railay is the mor popular side as it provides visitors with peace and quiet with a broad sandy beach surrounded by high limestone cliffs. The beaches, despite being on the mainland, are only accessiblew by boats. The limestone cliffs are popular with rock climbers.
The building of the Nan National Museum was actually constructed in 1903 and was once the residence of a ruler of Nan. It displays exhibitions concerning the town’s history and major structures, evolution of arts in different ages, and numerous ancient objects, the most eminent of which is the black ivory. It also provides anthropological information on the northern indigenous people including the several minorities residing in Nan.
Wat Hua Kuang (วัดหัวข่วง) is situated on a large open space in the historical part of Nan town. Of interest is the square-based Lanna-style chedi, the bronze Buddha image in Subduing Mara posture, the wooden scripture hall with four gabled ends, and a pulpit with a gourd-shaped top elaborately decorated with black lacquer and covered in gold leaf and coloured glass.
Wat Phrathat Chang Kham (วัดพระธาตุช้างค้ำ) was built during the reign of Chaopu Khaeng in 1406 to be a place for rulers to conduct Buddhist ceremonies and the Oath of Allegiance Ceremony. The architectural characteristics of the temple reflect the influence of Sukhothai arts such as the “phrathat in the Lankan style. The base is surrounded by sculptures of the front half of elephants. It looks as though they use their back to support (or “Kham” in Thai) the phratat, similar to Wat Chang Lom in Sukhothai province.